Software Projects We Support
- Apache - Primary web server
- BIND - Primary DNS server
- Cacti - rrdtool graphing
- Exim - Mail server
- FreeBSD - BSD operating system
- HTML::Mason - mod_perl web framework
- mod_perl - Perl framework in Apache
- MRTG - Network utilization software
- MySQL - Database server
- NAGIOS - Network monitoring
- Perl - Programming language
- OpenSSH - Remote management
- OpenVPN - VPN solution
- RT: Request Tracker - ticketing application
- Sendmail - Mail server
- Smokeping - Latency measurement
DynDNS.com has a strong commitment to Open Source projects. We leverage a number of projects to maximize the security, reliability, and robustness of our services, systems, and company support systems. The quality, security, and customization make this software paradigm attractive to us.
Many commercial software applications do not offer the performance or lack features to support such a large userbase. Each time we turn to the Open Source community, we see quality, maturity, and precision. We have made valuable contacts with projects and, in some cases, have formed exciting relationships with key developers.
We are proud of our use of Open Source technologies, and proud to provide support to many of these projects through financial, code, and other contributions. We strongly encourage others to do the same, to help keep these valuable projects running strong.